| Technical health training manual - Volume II |
|Module 7: Disease in the developing world|
By the end of this module the participants will be able to:
1. Describe the causes and clinical symptoms of all diseases discussed in tints module, as stated by guest lecturers or described during their sessions.
2. List the vaccines, age when given, and sequencing of shots, that comprise the immunization schedule followed by the host country.
3. Assess the three stages of dehydration using the NHO Diarrhea Treatment chart and determine the appropriate treatment for each stage, according to the WHO Criteria stated in The WHO Module, Treatment of Diarrhea.
4. Prepare Sugar-Salt Solution and ORS solution according to the formulas given in Session 40.
5. Name three water-borne diseases that are endemic to the host country and describe the measures for controlling these diseases as stated in Session 41.
6. Explain how sanitation and good hygiene prevent the spread of disease, as described in Session 42.