| Food Composition Data: A User's Perspective (1987) |
|Managing food composition data|
|Managing a nutrient data-base system: meeting users' needs and expectations|
1. American Heart Association, Northeast Ohio Affiliate, Cooking Without Your Salt Shaker (American Heart Association, Dallas, Texas, 1978).
2. L. Bardach, J. Geduldig, and I. D. Mandel, "Dietary Patterns in Caries Resistant vs. Caries Susceptible Adults," J. Dent. Res., 59 (special issue A): 508 (1982), abst.
3. H. T. Bebb, H. B. Houser, J. C. Witschi, and A. S. Littel, "Nutritive Content of the Usual Diets of Eighty-two Men, J. Am. Diet. Assoc., 61: 407-415 (1972).
4. H. T. Bebb, H. B. Houser, J. C. Witschi, A. S. Littel, and R. K. Fuller, "Calorie and Nutrient Contribution of Alcoholic Beverages to the Usual Diets of 155 Adults, A.J.C.N., 24: 1042-1052 (1971).
5. P. J. Garry, J. S. Goodwin, and W. C. Hunt, "Nutritional Status in a Healthy Elderly Population: Riboflavin,"A.J.C.N., 36: 902-909 (1982).
6. P. J. Garry, J. S. Goodwin, W. C. Hunt, and B. A. Gilbert, "Nutritional Status in a Healthy Elderly Population: Vitamin C," A.J.C.N., 36: 332-339 (1982).
7. P. ]. Garry, J. S. Goodwin, W. C. Hunt, E. M. Hooper, and A. G. Leonard, "Nutritional Status in a Healthy Elderly Population: Dietary and Supplemental Intakes," A.J.C.N., 36: 319-331 (1982).
8. M. H. R. Goodloe, G. Waters, C. G. Quinlan, and J. G. Barrow, "Studies in Atherosclerosis. IV. Electronic Computers in the Processing of Dietary Data," A.J. C.N., 13: 304-310 (1963).
9. O. B. Hayes, S. Abraham, and C. A. Caceres, "Computers in Epidemiologic Studies," J. Am. Diet. Assoc., 44: 456- 460 (1964).
10. L. W. Hoover, "The Problems of Using Small Nutrient Data Bases," Proceedings of Eighth National Nutrient Data Bank Conference, July 25-27, 1983 (US Department of Commerce National Technical Information Service, Springfield, Va., 1983).
11. H. B. Houser, "Nutrient Data Banks- the State of the Art," Introduction in G. Petot and H. B. Houser, eds., Proceedings of Fourth National Nutrient Data Bank Conference April 23-24, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1979 (Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1987).
12. H. B. Houser, A. 1. Sorensen, A. S. Littel, and J. C. Vandervoort, "I)ietary Intake of Non-hospitalized Persons with Multiple Sclerosis. 1. Food Diary and Coding Methods," J. Am. Diet. Assoc.. 54: 391397 (1969).
13. B. P. Klein, "Nutrient Analysis Information for Decision Making," Food Tech., December 1983: 37-54
14. L. J. Lillien, A. M. Huber, and M. M. Rajala, "Diet and Ethanol Intake during Pregnancy," J. Am. Diet. Assoc., 81: 252-257 (1982).
15. G. J. Petot, "Commonalities and Differences: Are We All Speaking the Same Language?" Proceedings of Eighth Nutrient Data Bank Conference, July 25-27, 1983 (US Department of Commerce National Technical Information Service, Springfield, Va., 1983).
16. G. J. Petot, "Nutrient Database Systems in Patient Care and Research: Clinical Applications," Proceedings of Seventh Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care, October 23-26, 1983, Baltimore (IEEE Computer Society Press, Silver Springs, Md., 1983).
17. G. J. Petot. H. B. Houser, and R. V. Uhrich, "An On-line Nutrition Information System for the Clinical Dietitian," Proceedings of Fourth Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care, November 2-5, 1980, Washington, D.C. (IEEE Computer Society, Long Beach, Cal, 1980).
18. G. J. Petot, A. Whitney and H. B. Houser, Index of Nutritional Quality of Foods, contract with Food and Nutrition Service, USDA. March 1979.
19. G. J. Petot, A. Whitney and H. B. Houser, Nutrient Composition of Foods Commonly Available in the Marketplace, contract with Federal Trade Commission. August 1978.
20. G. J. Petot, A. Whitney, and H. B. Houser, Percentage of U.S. RDA in Frequently Used Serving Sizes and in 100 Kilocalorie Portions of Foods Commonly Available, contract with Food and Nutrition Service, USDA. December 1979.
21. E. M. Thompson and H. Tucker, "Computers in Dietary Studies," J. Am. Diet. Assoc., 40:308 312(1962).
22. S. Wassertheil-Smoller, H. G. Langford, M. D. Beaufox, et al., "Effective Dietary Intervention in Hypertension: Sodium Restriction and Weight Reduction," J. Am. Diet. Assoc., 85: 423-430 (1985).
23. S. Wassertheil-Smoller, S. L. Romney, J. Wylie-Rosett, et al., "Dietary Vitamin C and Uterine Cervical Dysplasia," Am. J. Epidem., 114: 714-724 (1981).
24. B. K. Watt and A. L. Merrill, "Composition of Foods: Raw, Processed, Prepared," Agriculture Handbook No. 8 (Science and Education Administration, USDA, Washington, D.C., 1963 and revisions).
25. J. B. Wellisch, S. D. Hanes, L. A. Jordan, K. M. Maurer, and J. A. Vermeersch, The National Evaluation of School Nutrition Programs: Final Report, vols. 1 and 2 (System Development Corporation, Santa Monica, Cal, 1983).
26. J. C. Witschi, A. S. Littel, H. B. Houser, and A. 1. Sorensen, "Dietary Intake of Non hospitalized Persons with Multiple Sclerosis. 11. Nutrient Intake for One Year Compared with Recommended Allowances," J. Am. Diet. Assoc., 56: 203 211 (1970).