| Forestry training manual for the Africa region |
|Conducting the training program|
It is important for the trainers to meet daily. We found that the time immediately following morning sessions was the beat. We frequently met after evening sessions, however, if the day's activities prevented all of us from being available in the morning. The following is a suggested agendas
1. How have sessions gone since we last met?
2. Are we ready for the next sessions? (We try to prepare one to two sessions ahead of our selves.)
3. What kind of help do we need?
4. Assessment data to reports
a. data is recorded,
b. lack of data is noted and the trainers discuss strategies for collection.
5. Overall, how are we doing? Changes? Additions?
The day before individual interviews, staff meetings run longer as the staff decides upon feedback for each trainee/ participant. It is important that the staff reach consensus on the feedback they are providing to each trainee.