| Arts and Crafts |
Crayons in different colours
Knife - for teachers' use only
Objects in interesting shapes (eg coins, leaves etc)
1. Cut notches along the side of a crayon with a craft knife, then use that side of the crayon to draw designs.
2. Use the side of a crayon when rubbing an object placed underneath thin paper
3. Grate crayons (or use a pencil sharpener), then mix colours between two sheets of paper. Rub a warm iron over the top.
4. Hold a crayon (without paper wrapping) in a candle flame, then drip a pattern onto paper.
5. Same as above, but drip crayon onto a plain candle to create a pattern.
Children must be carefully supervised at all times while doing activities 4 and 5.