| Soils, Crops and Fertilizer Use |
|Chapter 9: Using chemical fertilizers|
This chapter will give you a strong grounding in the use of chemical fertilizers. It covers these areas:
• Types and characteristics of chemical fertilizers.
• Understanding fertilizer labels.
• Fertilizers and their effect on soil pH.
• Timing and placement guidelines.
• Avoiding fertilizer burn.
• Fertilizer rate guidelines.
• Troubleshooting faulty fertilizer practices.
• Fertilizer as one part of integrated crop management.
• Extension guidelines for using chemical fertilizers.
• Fertilizer math skills.