| Biology demonstration manual |
Lesson: Les ailments
Rationale: Test for the presence of fats in food samples.
paper marker Suggestions for samples:
Positive: oil, peanut butter
Negative: Manioc tubercule, banana, lemon juice, milk
Preparation one day in advance:
1. Divide a sheet of paper into squares, one square for each food sample.
2. Label each square with the food to be tested.
3. Rub the sample on the paper.
4. Let dry. Drying takes several hours.
5. After repeating the test, pull out and show the dried results.
6. Samples that leave a translucent spot after drying contains fats.
Source: Belin Sciences Naturelles 3Ã¨me, p. 8.