| The handling, processing and marketing of fish in Bangladesh |
1. To take measures for the development of fisheries and fishing industries.
2. To establish a fishing industry.
3. To establish units for capture of fish and promote a better organization for exploitation of fish wealth.
4. To acquire, hold or dispose of fishing boats, fish carriers, road and river transports and all equipment and accessories necessary in connection with the development of a fishing industry.
5. To establish units for the preservation, processing, distribution and marketing of fish and fish products.
6. To advance loans to fish industries and to fishermen's co-operative societies.
7. To encourage establishment of fishermen's co-operative societies.
8. To undertake survey and investigation of the fish resources.
9 To establish, institute or make arrangements for training and research in the methods of catching, processing, transportation, preservation and marketing of fish.
10. To set-up an organization for the export of fish and fish products.
11. To acquire, hold and dispose of such other properties as are required for carrying out all or any of the above mentioned purposes.
12. To formulate a scheme or schemes for carrying out all or any of the functions specified above.
Source: BFDC (?1986a)