| Forestry training manual for the Africa region |
Total time 15 - 20 minutes/interview
- To give each trainee time with a trainer to review the weeks's learnings,
- For the training staff to give collective feedback to the trainees based upon assessment dimensions given on the first day of training,
- To get feedback from the trainees on their own progress.
The purpose of this session is to give each trainee individual time with a trainer to review their learnings of the week. The staff gives each trainee feedback based upon assessment criteria given to the trainees in Session 1. They also receive feed back from the trainees on their own progress.
The following are suggested questions to be asked at the end of the second week of training.
Technical Self-Assessment (For questions 1 - 4 use a scale of 1 5 with 5 being the high)
1. How do you rate yourself on the use of tools this last week?
2. How conscientious have you been this week about safety precautions? Hat? Gloves? Looking under rocks?
3. How would you rate your ability to go into a village and completely set-up a nursery?
4. How do you rate your skills to cope with differences?
5. How many hours would you say you have worked?
In the nursery?_____
In the garden?_____
6. Why do you believe you are capable of being a forestry Volunteer in Africa?
7. Do you believe you will be able to learn to speak the local language?
8. Are you leaving anyone behind? What will happen if they do not wait?