| Local Experience With Micro-Hydro Technology |
ADB/N, Agricultural Development Bank
· Local financing agency for a large number of small productive-use, hydro-projects.
ATDA, Appropriate Technology Development Association
P.O. Box 311, Gandhi Bhawan
Lucknow 226001, India
· Have taken up integrated village development projects, based on hydroelectricity plants.
ATDO, Appropriate Technology Development Organisation
1-B, 47th Street, F-7/l
· Work on more than twenty small hydro projects using local Cross-Flow turbines in the output range from 3 to 20 kW
DEH, Directorate for Development Co-operation and Humanitarian Aid, of the Swiss
3003 Berne, Switzerland
· Sponsoring agency for hydro development activities (among other things) in Nepal and elsewhere.
DIAN DESA, Appropriate Technology Organisation
Jalan Kaliurang km7,
Juruksari, P.O. Box 19, Bulaksumur
. Work on village electrification projects with their own design of Cross-Flow turbine.
ETHZ, Institute for Fluid-Technology Sonneggstr. 3, 8092 Zurich,
· Technical consulting in small hydro development.
GATE, German Appropriate Technology Exchange
Dag HammerskjÃ¶ld-Weg 1
6236 Eschborn, Federal Republic of Germany
· Have published a manual on Cross-Flow turbine construction and other related manuals. Maintain an enquiry-service and information network.
GRET, Groupe de Recherche et d'Echange Technologiques
34, rue Dumont-d'Urville
75116 Paris, France
· Have published an introductory manual on micro-hydro generation. Maintain an enquiry-service and information network.
St. Moritz Strasse 15
8042 Zurich, Switzerland
· Sponsoring and executing agency of Cross-Flow turbine development at
BYS in Nepal.
ITB, Institute of Technology Bandung
Jalan Ganesha 10
· Have implemented about ten small hydro-projects so far, with their own design of Cross-Flow turbine.
ITDG, Intermediate Technology Development Group
9 King Street
London WC2E 8HN, U.K.
· Technical consulting and development activities in small hydro projects. Have collaborated in electronic load controller development.
ITIS, Intermediate Technology Industrial Services
3rd floor Mayson House, Railway Terrace
Rugby, CV21 3HT, U.K.
· Project executing agency of ITDG collaborating with BEW in Nepal (among others).
ITINTEC, Division de Energia
· Have developed a range of Cross-Flow turbines and associated equipment for local manufacture.
NEA, National Energy Administration of Thailan
Pembultan Villa, Yose
Bangkok 5, Thailand
· Have developed Cross-Flow turbines for local manufacture and implement hydro projects in the small range.
NERD-Centre, National Engineering Research and Development Centre
Ekala Ja Ela, Sri Lanka . Have developed Cross-Flow turbines for local manufacture.
NRECA, National Rural Electric Co-operative Association
1800 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036, U.S.A.
· Assisting in small hydro development in developing countries on behalf of U.S. A.I.D.
Have organised a workshop in Quito 1980 on small hydro and have published proceedings thereof. Further workshops are to follow elsewhere.
OLADE, Organicacion Latineamericana de Energia
· Are promoting and disseminating small hydro technology in Latin America.
RCTT, Regional Centre for the Transfer of Technology
Manickveen Mansions, Box 115
49 Palace road
Bangalore 560052, India
· Are disseminating small-hydro technology in the ESCAP region. Have collaborated in organising the Kathmandu 1979 workshop on small-hydro with UNIDO.
RECAST, Research Centre for Applied Science and Technology
· Are collaborating in the local development of improved water-wheels such as the Multipurpose Mini-Power Unit.
SATA, Swiss Association for Technical Assistance
P.O. Box 113
· Is the local agency of DEH and HELVETAS collaborating with BYS and SHDB on small hydro development (among other activities).
SHDB, Small Hydel Development Board
· Project implementing agency of HMG Electricity Department.
SKAT, Swiss Center for Appropriate Technology, at ILK, Institute for Latin-American Research and for Development Co-operation, University of Saint-Gall VarnbÃ¼elstrasse 14 9000 St. Gall,
· Technical documentation and consulting in small hydro development (among other activities). Development of Cross-Flow turbine T3 in collaboration with other institutions in Switzerland.
SPATF South Pacific Appropriate Technology Foundation
P.O. Box 6937
Boroko Papua New Guinea
· Work on village electrification projects based on hydropower.
THE, Technical University of Eindhoven
Den Dolech 2
5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
· Development of Cross-Flow turbine in collaboration with ITB, Bandung. Also thesis work on other turbine types and load controllers.
UMN, United Mission to Nepal
· Sponsoring agency for small hydro development activities in BEW, Butwal and other local organisations.
UNIDO, United Nations Development Organisation
P.O. Box 707
1011 Vienna, Austria
· Are promoting and disseminating small hydro technology. Have organised workshop and study tour on small hydro at Hanghzhou, Manila 1980
VITA, Volunteers in Technical Assistance
3706 Rhode Island Ave.
Mt. Rainier 20822, Maryland, U.S.A.
· Information and documentation on small hydro technology within a comprehensive renewable energy program.