| The design & management of community projects - A team approach |
|Part 1. Introduction to the workshop|
TIME: 7 hours (This is the total time for Part 1. Time for each section is given separately.)
AIMS: By the end of Part 1 participants will be able to:
1. Understand what the workshop will cover and how it will be conducted.
2. Lead a discussion about development, balanced development and community development.
3. Explain how a community development plan can help communities decide what projects to go ahead with.
4. List the main steps in the life of a project and the things that make community development projects successful.
1. Make sure that classroom is available and has the right equipment, chairs, tables, blackboards, etc.
2. Arrange chairs around the table (if possible).
3. List participants who will be on each of the teams for small group activities and the needs assessment practical.
1. Exercise books, name tags, pencils and file folders for each participant.
2. See each section.
Follow steps in each section.