| Improved cookstoves a training manual |
• To provide trainees during training with all necessary information, skills, materials, tools, and resources to prepare them to transfer their knowledge and experience to other communities.
• To enjoy the training experience, both in work and play.
• To develop through learning an understanding of the fuelwood crisis and improved cookstoves as a partial solution to the crisis.
• To improve personal and group dynamic skills.
• To be able to adapt the improved cookstove technology they have learned to new situations.
TRAINING TRACK GOALS
• To develop an understanding and be able to articulate the importance of considering cultural, social and technical factors before implementing an improved cookstove program.
• To design and construct cookstove(s) appropriate for the country of assignment.
• To practice using cookstoves and be able to explain how they function.
• To understand and describe the principles of cookstove testing and conduct cookstove tests.
• To understand and describe the application of cookstove testing to an improved cookstove program.
• To be able to diagnose causes of malfunctioning cookstoves.
• To provide written documentation and designs of all cookstoves used.
• To give a final presentation synthesizing data on design, construction, use and testing.
• To appreciate and articulate the interrelationship of the cookstove training with skills learned in project management, small business development and the overall training program.