| Bioconversion of Organic Residues for Rural Communities (1979) |
|The role of ruminants in the bioconversion of tropical byproducts and wastes into food and fuel|
1. F.J. Salais, T.M. Sutherland, and A. Wilson, "Effect on Animal Performance of Different Sources of Forage in Diets based on Molasses and Urea," Trop. Animal Production 2: 158 (1977).
2. D. Ffoulkes and T.R. Preston, "The Banana Plant as Cattle Feed: Digestibility and Voluntary Intake of Mixtures of Sugar Cane and Banana Forage." Trop. Animal Production 3: 125 - 129 (1978).
3. P. Thivend and M. Journet, "Utilisation Digestive de l'Amidon du Maiz chez le Ruminant," Ann. Biol. Anim. Biophis. 10: 323-326 119701.
4. T.R. Preston, "A Strategy for Cattle Production in the Tropics," World Animal Rev.. 21: 11 - 17 (1977). (Paper in preparation,)
5. T.R. Preston and F.J. Alvarez, "Dual Purpose Milk and Beef Production: A System for Developing Countries in the Humid Tropics," in World Animal Science, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1979.
6. T.J. Kempton, J.V. Nolan, and R.A. Leng, "Principles for the Use of Non-Protein Nitrogen and By-pass Proteins in Diets of Ruminants," World Animal Rev. 22: 2 - 10(1977).
7. T. R. Preston, C. Carcaho, F.J. Alvarez, and D.G. Guttierrez, "Rice Polishings as a Supplement in a Sugar Cane Diet: Effect of Level of Rice Polishings and of Processing the Sugar Cane by Derinding or Chopping," Trop. Animal Production 2: 158 -162 (1976).
8. R. Elliott, H.M. Ferreiro, and A. Priego, "An Estimate of the Quantity of Feed Protein Escaping Degradation in the Rumen of Steers Fed Chopped Sugar Cane, Molasses/Urea Supplemented with Varying Quantitites of Rice Polsihings," Trop. Animal Production 3: 36 39 (1978).
9. L,A. James, "Comfit in Rations for Livestock," Proceedings of CIDA Seminar on SugarCane as Livestock Peed, Barbados, 30 - 31 Januray 1973.
10. R. Elliott, H.M. Ferreiro, A. Priego, and T.R. Preston, "Rice Polishings as a Supplement in Sugar Cane Diets: The Quantity of Starch (a-Linked Glucose Polymers) Entering the Proximal Duodenum," Trop. Animal Production 3: 30 - 35 (1978).
11. H.M. Ferreiro, A. Priego, J. López, T.R. Preston, and R.A. Leng, "Glucose Metabolism in Cattle Given Sugar Cane-Based Diets Supplemented with Varying Quantities of Rice Polishings," (Paper in preparation.)
12. R.A. Leng, Unpublished data, 1978.
13. F.J. Alvarez and T.R. Preston, "Leucaena leucocephala as a Protein Supplement for Dual Purpose Milk and Weaned Calf Production on Sugar Cane-Based Rations," Trop. Animal Production: 112 - 119 (1976).
14. D. Ffoulkes, F.D. Deb. Hovell, and T.R. Preston, "Sweet Potato Forage as Cattle Feed: Voluntary Intake and Digestibility of Mixtures of Sweet Potato Forage and Sugar Cane," Trop. Animal Production 3: 140 - 144 (1978).
15. A. Fernandez, N.A. MacLeod, and T.R. Preston, "Cassava Forage as a Combined Source of Protein and Forage for Cattle Fed on Molasses/Urea," Trop. Animal Production 2: 195 199 (19771.