| Freshwater fish farming: How to begin |
|Harvesting your fish|
91. Do not take any fish out of your pond during the first five months. After five months you may catch four or five big fish each week to eat with your family.
92. When the fish are big enough, it is time to harvest all of them. Usually, they will be big enough to harvest in about six months.
93. Harvest the fish early in the morning when it is cool.
94. Have some watertight containers ready to store live fish.
95. The easiest way to harvest is by draining the water out of the pond.
96. Drain the pond by opening the bank at the deep end.
97. Use a screen at the outlet while you are draining so that you will not lose any fish.
98. Use baskets or nets to take the fish out of the water while the pond is being drained.