|Integral Humanitarian Supply Management System - Version 5.2 for Windows - Practice Manual (Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) / Organización Panamericana de la Salud (OPS) - WHO - OMS, 2002, 43 p.)|
Technical requirements necessary to install the SUMA Central Module:
The minimum hardware and software requirements to install SUMA are:
· Processor: 486 or higher
The CD of SUMA offers besides the software the following programs:
· Adobe Acrobat Reader
· Netscape Communicator
These can be installed from the SUMA CDROM on your computer, to facilitate reading some of the documents provided as well.
Objective: To install the SUMA Central Module.
Note: Please check that the date and time reported by the program are correct. If not, double-click on the Time Icon on the status bar of Windows, and change the Date/Time settings. This is important because SUMA software relies on the computer date and time to make accurate reports of incoming consignments and to register properly other data.
Procedures for installing the SUMA software using a CD-ROM:
Insert the Installation CD of the SUMA System in your computer, the first screen is the following:
From this interface you can carry out the installation by pressing the button: English.
If the program doesn't start automatically when you insert the CD in the CDROM drive, start it by double clicking on the file "LAUNCH.EXE¨ which you can find in the directory D:LAUNCH.EXE in case your CD-ROM drive is D:).
The following is the Index screen to SUMA:
Proceed the installation of the Module SUMA Central by going through the following steps:
Version 5.2 for Windows
If the Index screen is not shown, you can execute the SETUP file directly from the following directory: suma52EnglishSoftware 5.2SUMA5.2WinEngCenDisk 144Disk1SETUP.EXE, like is shown in the following graphic.
Procedures for installing the SUMA software using 3½ -inch diskettes:
To install the SUMA CENTRAL Module, verify that you have eight numbered diskettes labeled "SUMA CENTRAL". You have several options to install the program:
1. Insert the installation diskette N° 1 of the 8 diskettes in the floppy disk drive.
2. Select the icon My Computer on the main screen of Windows by double-clicking on it. A window will appear where you have to double-click on the floppy disk of 3 ½ inch and select the SETUP.EXE file to start the installation. Follow the steps as described earlier (in the installation section using a CD-ROM) to continue.
IMPORTANT: To re-enter the SUMA CENTRAL MODULE in Windows (95 or higher), click the Start button, choose Programs and search SUMA on the list. Click on the SUMA CENTRAL icon.
In Windows 95 or higher:
Insert the installation disk N°1 of the eight disks of the Module SUMA Central in the floppy disk drive.
There are several options:
1. Click on the Start button and select the Explore option to open the Explore window. Select the 3 ½ diskette option and press <Enter>. Double click on Setup.exe to launch the installation process.
The installer will ask where you would like the SUMA program to be installed on your hard disk. The default path is C:SUMAWC52. The default name of the program group that will be created is SUMA. If this is acceptable, click on <Continue> to complete the installation. The program will ask for the remaining diskettes as needed.
If at some point during the installation a MS-DOS window appears, click on <Exit> in the upper left-hand corner of the window to return to Windows.
2. Select the My PC icon on the main Windows desktop by double clicking on it. Double click on the 3½-diskette icon and select Setup.exe to launch the installation process. Follow the steps outlined above.
3. Click on the Start button and select the option Setup choose the option Control Panel. Click to select Add New Software and follow the instructions on the screen, choosing A:SETUP.EXE. Follow the steps outlined above.
4. Click on the Start button and select the option Run. A dialogue box will appear; choose <View>, then A: and select the setup.exe. Press the button <Open> then the <OK> button, so the program will start the installation process.
After finishing the installation:
After the last disk has been installed, the software will be fully installed on your hard disk, and awindow will open on your screen asking for a Configuration Password for the SUMA CENTRAL Module. Type the password in and press <ENTER>.
IMPORTANT: This password will be required for all set-up options modifications on the SUMA CENTRAL MODULE, so please select a password you can easily remember.
System Setup Password Screen
Re-enter the password and press <OK>. This is a confirmation procedure.
System Setup Password Screen
Type the Name of Main User for the System, i.e. Red Cross, Civil Defense, Ministry of Health, etc. Press <Enter> or the <exit> button when you have finished typing.
Setting up the System User Screen
The Main Menu screen of the SUMA Central Module version 5.2 will be displayed.
The Main Menu of every Module has a MENU BAR containing several submenus.
Use the arrow keys (®, ¬, , ¯) to move through the Main Menu of the Module SUMA Central or point the mouse on the desired submenu of the menubar; press the left button to display the list of options on the submenu. Choose an option and press the left button once.