|Integral Humanitarian Supply Management System - Version 5.2 for Windows - Practice Manual (Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) / Organización Panamericana de la Salud (OPS) - WHO - OMS, 2002, 43 p.)|
Objective: To install and set up the Stock Management Module.
Installation from CD ROM:
Insert the Installation CD of the SUMA System in your computer, the first screen is the following:
Installation of SUMA Stock Management Module:
The program contains four 3.5 inch diskettes. Install the software following the instructions on the label. There are various options to install the program in Windows.
From this interface you can carry out the installation by pressing the button: English.
If the program doesn't start automatically when you have inserted the CD in the CDROM drive, double click on the file "LAUNCH.EXE¨ which you can find in the directory D:LAUNCH.EXE (in case your CD-ROM drive is D:).
The following is the Index screen to SUMA:
Proceed to the installation of the Stock Management Module by going through the following steps:
Version 5.2 for Windows
If the CD does not present the Welcome screen, execute the SETUP file directly from the following directory: suma52EnglishSoftware 5.2SUMA5.2WinEngWrh Disk 144Disk1SETUP.EXE, as shown in the following graphic.
Procedures for installing SUMA Stock Module using 3½ -inch diskettes:
To install the Stock Management Module, verify that you have five numbered diskettes labeled "SUMA Stock Management Module". You have several options to install the program in Windows:
1. Insert the installation diskette N° 1 of the 5 diskettes in the floppy disk drive.
2. Select the icon My Computer on the main screen of Windows by double-clicking on it. A window will appear where you double-click on the 3 ½ inch floppy disk and select the SETUP.EXE file to start the installation. Follow the steps as described earlier to continue.
IMPORTANT: To re-enter the STOCK MANAGEMENT MODULE in Windows (95 or higher), click the Start button, choose Programs and search SUMA in the list. Click on the SUMA STOCK 5.2. icon.
In Windows 95 or higher using 3 1/2 - inch diskettes:
1. Insert the installation diskette N°1 of the 5 diskettes of the Stock Management Module in the floppy disk drive and select A:
Click on the <Start> button, go to Explore and select 3½-inch diskette. Enter or double click on Setup.exe to launch the installation process.
The installer will ask where you would like the SUMA program to be installed on your hard disk. The default path is C:SUMAWS52 and the default name for the program group of the icon is SUMA.
The program will ask sequentially for the diskettes needed for the installation process.
If at some point in the installation the MS-DOS window appears, click on <Exit> in the upper left-hand corner of the window to return to Windows.
2. Select the My PC icon on the main Windows desktop by double clicking on it. Double click on the 3-½-diskette icon and select Setup.exe to launch the installation process. Follow the steps outlined above.
3. Click on the Start button and select the Setup option, choose the option Control Panel. Click on Add New Software and follow the instructions on the screen, choosing A:SETUP.EXE. Follow the steps outlined above.
4. Click on the Start button and select the Run option. A dialogue box will appear; choose the option <View>, then choose A: and select the setup.exe. Press the button <Open> and then the <OK> button, to start the installation process.
When the installation process is finished
the program will be installed on the hard disk drive and the screen will ask you to define a Set-Up Password for the Stock Management Module. Type it and press <OK>.
Stock Management Module Password Set Up Screen
IMPORTANT: This password will be requested for all set-up options modifications in the SUMA Stock Management Module. You must choose a password that is easy to remember.
You must re-enter the password.
Password Confirmation Screen
The system will begin the Set-up of the Stock Module. In this operation you must enter all the specific data of the warehouse being installed. For example:
Example screen for warehouse configuration:
Define some invented data to be entered or use data from your organization and select Enable BOTH options: With/Without Stock balance. Then click on the option <Save>.
Note: Select the Enable BOTH options, as is shown in the example screen.
Since the diskette or CDROM is used only to install the Field Unit, remove it once the installation is finished. If there is any problem, check the set-up of your computer and repeat the installation process.
Observe the options in the Main Menu. (Figure 1)
Warehouse Management Module Main Menu Screen
Return to the Set up option and select ONLY the option 2 as is shown in the following screen:
Return to the Main Menu and observe the options activated in the Menu. (Figure 2)
Go to the Set up option and select ONLY the option 1 as is shown in the following screen:
Return to the Main Menu and observe the options activated in the Menu. (Figure 3)
Discuss with the other participants and the instructor the different options.
IMPORTANT: To re-enter the STOCK MANAGEMENT MODULE in Windows, click the Start button, choose Programs and search for SUMA on the options list. Click on SUMA STOCK 5.2.
Stock Management Module Set-Up Screen
IMPORTANT: To record data, you will need to enter at the different options the password earlier defined.
To enter or view data from the warehouse, follow the next steps:
1. Go to Set up sub-menu; choose the option Set Up Warehouse and check the data entered during the installation. These can be edited.
2. At the Set Up sub-menu, choose the Warehouse Section option. Create 5 sectors in which to divide this warehouse (i.e.. Pharmaceutical Products, Food, etc.)
3. At the Set Up sub-menu, choose the Exchange Rate option and update the local exchange rate in respect to the US dollar.
4. At the Set Up sub-menu, choose the Destination Sites option. Create 4 destination or supplies distribution places.