|Food and Nutrition Bulletin Volume 03, Number 3, 1981 (UNU Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 1981, 64 pages)|
|News and notes|
A course in maternal and child nutrition is being organized by the Netherlands Universities Foundation for Inter" national Co-operation (NUFFIC). This is an international post-graduate course in food science and nutrition, with emphasis on the theme "Maternal and Child Nutrition: Prevention of the Main Nutritional Disorders in the Third World."
The course is designed to provide specific post graduate training to individuals responsible for or involved in the execution of policy and planning of programmes concerned with maternal and child nutrition and health-with the aim of providing them adequate knowledge to formulate, evaluate, and implement programmes directed toward this aspect of the world's present food and nutrition problems.
It will be multidisciplinary, and will include lectures and discussions, practical exercises, group research projects, individual presentations, and scientific excursions.
Requirements for admission:
1. Academic degree (B.Sc. as a minimum), or its equivalent, in nutrition,
food technology, home economics, medicine, or a related field of study.
2. A professional position which is related to the theme of the course and through which dissemination of the acquired knowledge is possible and can be expected.
3. Some years of practical experience related to the theme of the course.
4. Interest in the problem of nutrition and health of pregnant and lactating women and of pre school children.
5. Fluency in the English language.
Course period: January-June 1982.
Place: Wageningen, Netherlands.
Language: The course will be conducted in English.
Fellowships: The Netherlands Government has fellowship programmes. The diplomatic representative of the Netherlands in your country can give you more information.
Application: For further information about the course programme and for application forms, contact the Netherlands Embassy in your country, or write to the course secretary at the address below. The closing date for application is 15 September 1981.
Address: International Course in Food Science and Nutrition
Lawickse Allee 11
6701 AN Wageningen
Tel.: 08370- 19040