|Causes and Mechanisms of Linear Growth Retardation (International Dietary Energy Consultative Group - IDECG, 1993, 216 pages)|
John C. Waterlow & Bent Schürch, Editors
International Dietary Energy Consultancy Group
Proceedings of an I/D/E/G/C Workshop held in London, U.K.
January 15-18, 1993
On behalf of the UN ACC-Subcommittee on Nutrition, the International Dietary Energy Consultancy Group (I/D/E/C/G) has been established for the study of dietary energy intake in relation to the health and welfare of individuals and societies by the United Nations University. Its specific objectives are:
1. The compilation and interpretation of research data on functional and other consequences of deficiency, change or excess of dietary energy.
2. The identification of related research needs and priorities, and the promotion of needed research.
3. The publication of scientific and policy statements and other information on the significance of chronic deficiencies and excesses of dietary energy.
4. The identification and promotion of appropriate and practical means of corrective action.
I/D/E/C/G Steering Committee:
- Dr. N.S. Scrimshaw, UNU, Chairman
- Dr. J.G.A.J. Hautvast, IUNS
- Dr. B. Schürch, Executive Secretary
I/D/E/C/G Advisory Group (1992/93)
- Dr. W.P.T. James, Aberdeen, Scotland, U.K.
- Dr. E. Pollitt, Davis, USA
- Dr. P. S. Shetty, Bangalore, India
- Dr. E. Jéquier, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Dr. Jin Soon Ju, Seoul, Korea
- Dr. R. Uauy, Santiago, Chile
- Dr. L. Allen, Storrs, USA
- Dr. A. Ferro-Luzzi, Rome, Italy
- Dr. R. Martorell, Ithaca, USA
The digitization of this publication was made possible by a grant from the Nestlé Foundation