|Health Services Organization in the Event of Disaster (PAHO, 1989, 129 pages)|
|Chapter 6: Implementing the plan in hospitals|
|Medical and support services|
1) The recruitment office will assume duties apart from its normal ones.
2) If additional personnel are needed, the coordinating nurse will request the command post to obtain the necessary staff from the reserve pool.
3) If staff is unavailable within the hospital, the reserve pool will send two nuns to the surgery room to help in procedures there and assist the surgeon on duty.
4) The anesthetist assigned to the surgery room will be directly responsible for establishing the procedures to be followed by all anesthetists on duty.
5) The telephone operator will call the head nurse on duty in the surgery rooms and notify her that the disaster plan has gone into effect.
6) The nurse on duty will request that a person from the reserve pool be assigned to her to handle the emergency telephone in the surgery room.