|Alcoholism: Prevention and Cure by Dr Courtejoie J., MD and Pierre, B (Bureau of Study and Research for the Promotion of Health - Congo, 1983, 183 pages)|
|Part 3: Suggested didactic material|
In order to obtain the best results with a group, the educator must use the didactic material wisely:
1. The material must be prepared before the lesson to be ready when needed.
2. One should avoid whenever it is possible displaying the material to the listeners before talking about it, so as not to distract their attention.
3. The pictures are meant first and foremost to illustrate the educator's talk and to make understanding easier. Health education thus does not consist of merely leafing through the pictures, while explaining their meaning.
4. To facilitate the educator's work, all the explanations that he can use directly as comments for the pictures have been put each time between inverted commas.
5. The time needed to explain alcoholism using the flipchart will vary according to circumstances. One is advised to present the material in several sessions. We suggest:
Session one - group discussion: Questions on diseases in general
and on alcoholism in particular.
Session two: 1. The happy, successful family and 2. The damaging effects of alcohol.
Session three: Preventing alcoholism
Now please look at the pictures in next boxes ...