|Disasters Preparedness and Mitigation - Supplement No. 3 on SUMA - Issue No. 62 (PAHO)|
New SUMA software (version 4.9) is being distributed to both new and old users. Based on SUMA user's comments, version 4.2 is "friendlier". Those who have already used SUMA will receive a manual that highlights the changes. When requesting the SUMA software and manuals from our office, please indicate whether or not you have worked with SUMA before. The following features are new:
· Data processing is taster, to save time during an emergency.
· Classifying medicines has been simplified. The name of the item can be entered and the program will indicate its subcategory, an important feature for those not familiar with medicines.
· New items have been included in the standard categories.
· In emergency situations there may be a shortage of available computers. The program now allows both TERMINAL (i.e., logging incoming relief supplies) and CENTRAL (incorporating all data) components to run on one computer.
· Reports can be created indicating destination and available stock.
· Reports now indicate the priority assigned to supplies.
Governments or relief agencies may request copies of' the 4.2
version of the SUMA software (available in English, Spanish, and French) by