|Regional Consultation on HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support Programmes in Latin America and the Caribbean for Men Who Have Sex with Men (UNAIDS, 1999, 28 p.)|
On the evening of the third day, a draft procedural manual for measures with men who have sex with men was revised. Three ad hoc working groups were formed and the group discussions were led by the joint authors of the draft manual. Some of the proposals made by the working groups are set out below.
The manual should:
· Draw from the experience and expertise of the region;
· Include a directory of NGOs with expertise in the region and possible sponsors;
· Be directed at decision-makers (national and local AIDS programme managers, technical cooperation agencies, and NGOs).
· Have short, concise paragraphs that call for action;
· Contain no more than 50 pages and be available in Spanish, French and English;
· List training opportunities;
· Include an executive summary;
· Include graphs and illustrations.