|UNAIDS Technical Update Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV - Update 1.2 (UNAIDS, 2001, 9 p.)|
1. Behets F, Bertozzi S, Kasali M, et al. Successful use of pooled sera to determine HIV-1 seroprevalence in Zaire with development of cost-efficiency models. JAIDS 1990;8:737-41.
2. Campbell CH, Marum E, Alwanoedyegu MG, et al. The role of HIV counselling and testing in the developing world. AIDS Education and Prevention 1997;9:B.
3. Coutsoudis A, Kubendran P, Spooner E, et al. Influence of infant-feeding patterns on early mother to child transmission of HIV-1 in Durban, South Africa: a perspective cohort study. Lancet 1999;354:471-76.
4. Dabis F, Mandelbrot L, Leroy V, et al. A 15-month efficacy of a maternal short regimen of oral zidovudine (ZDV) aimed to reduce vertical transmission of HIV in West Africa. (Abstract 054A) In: Plenary session abstracts from the second conference on global strategies for the prevention of HIV transmission from mothers to infants 1999.
5. Dabis F, Msellati P, Meda N, et al. DITRAME Study Group 6-month efficacy, tolerance, and acceptability of a short regimen of oral zidovudine to reduce vertical transmission of HIV in breastfed children in Cote dIvoire and Burkina Faso: a double-blind placebo-controlled multi-centre trial. Lancet 1999; 353:786-792.
6. Grosskurth H, Mosha F, Todd J, et al. Impact of improved treatment of sexually transmitted diseases on HIV infection in rural Tanzania: randomized controlled trial. Lancet 1995;346:530-36.
7. Guay LA, Musoke P, Fleming T, et al. Intrapartum and neonatal single-dose Nevirapine compared with zidovudine for the prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV-1 in Kampala, Uganda: (HIVNET 012) randomised trial. Lancet 1998;354:795-802.
8. Guay LA, Musoke P, Fleming T, et al. A randomized trial of single dose Nevirapine to mother and infant versus azidothymidine in Kampala, Uganda for prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV-1 (HIVNET 012). (Abstract 013) In: Plenary session abstracts from the second conference on global strategies for the prevention of HIV transmission from mothers to infants 1999.
9. Jackson B. A Phase IIB randomized, controlled trial to evaluate the safety, tolerance, and HIV vertical transmission rates associated with short course Nevirapine (NNP) vs. short course zidovudine (ZDV) in HIV infected pregnant women and their infants in Uganda. Executive Summary 1998.
10. Leroy V, Newell ML, Dabis F. International multicenter pooled analysis of late postnatal mother-to-child transmission of HIV infection. Lancet 1998;352:597-600.
11. Marseille E, Kahn JG, Mmiro F, et al. Cost effectiveness of single-dose Nevirapine regimen for mothers and babies to decrease vertical HIV-1 transmission in sub-Saharan Africa. Lancet 1999;354:803-9.
12. Miotti G, Taha ET, Newton LK, et al. HIV transmission Through Breastfeeding: A study in Malawi. JAMA 1999;282:744-9.
13. Nduati R. Clinical studies of breast vs. formula feeding. Presentation at the second conference on global strategies for the prevention of HIV transmission from mothers to infants 1999.
14. Perriens JH, Magazani K, Kapila N, et al. Use of rapid test and an ALISA for HIV antibody screening of pooled serum samples in Lumbumbashi, Zaire. J Virol Meth 1993;41:2313-21.
15. Prescott N. The Implications of antiretroviral treatments: setting priorities for government involvement with antiretrovirals. World Health Organization/UNAIDS 1997;9:57-62.
16. Shaffer N, Chuachoowong R, Mock PA, et al. Short-course zidovudine for perinatal HIV-1 transmission in Bangkok, Thailand: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 1999;353:773-80.
17. Shaeffer N, Roongpisuthipong A, Siriwasin W, et al. Maternal Virus Load and Perinatal Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Subtype E Transmission, Thailand. JID 1999;179:590-9.
18. Thaineua V, Sirinirund P, Soucat A, et al. From research to practice: use of short course zidovudine to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission in the context of routine health care in Northern Thailand. SEA J Trop Med PH 1998;29:429-442.
19. Victora CG, Vaughan JP, Lombardi C, et al. Evidence for protection by breastfeeding against infant deaths from infectious disease in Brazil. Lancet 1997(ii);319-322.
20. Wade NA, Birkhead GS, Warren TT, et al. Abbreviated regimens of zidovudine prophylaxis and perinatal transmission of the human immunodeficiency virus. NE J Med 1998;339:1409-14.
21. Wiktor SZ, Ekpini E, Karon JM, et al. Short-course oral zidovudine for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 in Abidjan, Cote dIvoire: a randomized trial. Lancet 1999;353:781-85.