In the context of dramatically increasing the affordability of HIV/AIDS-related care and treatment, the UNAIDS-secretariat, together with UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA and the World Bank are inviting Expressions of Interest from:
· Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
· Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
· Protease Inhibitors
· Selected anti-infective drugs
· Ganciclovir IV
· Ganciclovir Oral
· Ganciclovir Implant
· Cidofovir IV
· Foscarnet IV
· Azithromycin oral
· Clarithromycin oral
· Rifabutin oral
· Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole concentrate for IV administration
· Clindamycin 150 mg oral
· Clindamycin 150mg/amp injectable
· Sulfadiazine 250 mg/amp injectable
· Sulfadiazine 500 mg
· Itraconazole 100 mg oral
· Fluconazole injectable
· Fluconazole 200mg oral
· Amphothericin B 50mg/vial injectable
· Anti-cancer drugs
· Vinblastine 10 mg in vial injectable
· Vincristine sulfate 5 mg in vials
· Drugs for palliative care
· Methadone 5 mg tablet
· Morphine oral solution 10 mg/5 ml (2 suppliers)
· Morphine injectable 10 mg/1 ml ampoule (1 supplier)
· HIV Diagnostic Tests
· HIV Associated laboratory equipment
which are committed to providing the above mentioned products at a preferential prices to developing countries
The UN programmes and agencies mentioned above are interested in promoting co-operation with interested parties which:
· Will accelerate sustained access to and use of good quality interventions for the treatment and care of HIV/AIDS-related illnesses, and the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV
· Will ensure that care and treatment reach significantly greater numbers of people in need
· Will be implemented in ways that respond to the specific needs and requests of individual countries.
Interested Manufacturers should send their application, providing detailed information about Company Profile, the products offered with indicative prices, and the availability (registration, license) of those products and the other pre-qualification criteria set forth below, to:
UNICEF Supply Division
Reference: Accelerated Access to HIV/AIDS care
UNICEF Plads - Freeport-
Tel: (45) 35 27 35 27
Fax: (45) 35 26 50 48
Applications must be made by 1 December 2000, 12.00pm (EST) and can be provided in any of the UN working languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish). However, applications that are not made in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
The above-mentioned UN programmes and agencies will make available to member governments and associated non-governmental agencies (NGOs) a listing of the manufacturers which the aforesaid programs and agencies consider to meet the requirements of a pre-qualification process. Manufacturers included in this listing may be invited to bid for the supply of products, individually or collectively, directly by member governments, by the aforesaid UN agencies and/or by associated -NGOs. The following criteria will be taken into account in the pre-qualification process:
· Product produced under GMP conditions as certified by the national regulatory authority and/or certified GMP inspectors.
· Obtained national license for production.
· Product registered in accordance with International and other recognized regional or national Pharmacopoeia.
· Product certificates exist in accordance with the WHO certification scheme on the quality of pharmaceutical products moving into international commerce.
· Manufacturer demonstrates sound financial standing
Only manufacturers THAT CAN SUPPLY APPROPRIATE PRODUCTS OF ASSURED QUALITY COMPLIANT WITH APPLICABLE REGULATORY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS will be considered
The UN agencies reserve the right to determine specific conditions, as for example the exclusion of companies using child labour, or engaged in the manufacture of land mines or parts thereof.