|Better Farming Series 44. Processing of Cassava and Sweet Potatoes for Animal Feeding (FAO Better Farming series, 1995, 49 p.)|
|Preservation of roots as silage|
161. The size of the silo that you want to build will depend on how much silage you want to make.
162. But the depth of the silo must not be more than 2.5 m and the width no more than 3 m.
163. In larger silos, packing is not efficient and spoilage may be high.
164. If you want to make more silage, do not increase the depth or the width of the trench. Either increase the length of the trench or build another silo.
165. When you have several silos, you can develop a feeding plan and use them one after another to feed your animals from.