|Directory of Agricultural Research Projects in Uganda (ARIS, 1998, 388 p.)|
The Directory of Agricultural Research Projects in Uganda, covers a wide range of research topics in agriculture and its related fields. These include:
Plant Sciences and Production; Plant Protection; Post-Harvest Technology; Animal Science, Production and Protection; Fisheries and Aquaculture; Processing of Agricultural Products; Processing of Agricultural Productions; Food and Human Nutrition; Forestry and Wood Technology; Soil Science and Management; Agricultural Machinery and Engineering; Water Resources, Irrigation and Drainage; Energy Resources; Pollution Related to Agriculture; Agricultural Economics, Development and Rural Sociology; Education and Extension.
The data presented was collected from national institutions involved in agricultural research. These are:
1. National Agricultural Research Organisation. (NARO)
The research Institutes and stations include:
· Coffee Research Centre, Kituza. (COREC)
· Forestry Research Institute. (FORI)
· Kalyengyere Research Station.
· Fisheries Research Institute. (FIRI)
· Kawanda Agricultural Research Institute. (KARI)
· Namulonge Agricultural and Animal Production Research Institute. (NAARI)
· Serere Agricultural and Animal Production Research Institute. (SAARI)
· Livestock Health Research Institute. (LIRI)
· Buginyanya Research Station.
· Agricultural Engineering and Appropriate Technology Research Institute. (AEATRI)
· Food Science and Technology Research Institute. (FOSRI)
2. Makerere University:
· Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry.
· Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
· Faculty of Science.
3. Makerere Institute of Social Research (MISR)
4. Makerere Institute of Environment and Natural Resources
5. Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
The data was collected from:
· Uganda Seed Project.
· District Farm Institutes.
6. Ministry of Natural Resources
7. National Environment Information Centre (NEIC)
8. CIAT Regional Office in Eastern Africa.
9. International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Uganda.
Each record in the main entry comprises of details of the Research Subject, Master File Number of the record (MFN), Local Record Number (RN), Status of the Project (New or Terminated) Project Code, Starting Date, Exchange Language, Date of Information, Title of the Project, the Objectives of the research project, and Subject Descriptors, referred to as AGROVOC Descriptors. AGROVOC is a multilingual thesaurus of the Food and Agricultural Organisation, of the United Nations. (FAO).
The main entry is augmented by a Subject index and Author index to enhance retrieval of project documents.