|Better Farming Series 17. Groundnuts (FAO Better Farming series, 1977, 40 p.)|
42. The disease which most often attacks groundnuts is called rosette.
This disease is carried by small insects which prick the leaves.
There is a product that kills these insects. But this product costs too much; the expense would not be repaid by the harvest.
43. You can protect your groundnuts in other ways.
- Sow rosette- resistant varieties;
- Sow at the right momentthen, the plants will be strong by the time the disease arrives;
- Cultivate oftenlike this you let the air into the soil and remove the weeds, so that air can circulate better among the leaves;
- Apply fertilizersthese make the plants strong;
- Never grow groundnuts two years running on the same field.