|Better Farming Series 23. Coffee (FAO Better Farming series, 1977, 36 p.)|
|Taking care of the plantation|
28. When the coffee trees are planted the work is not finished.
The grower still has a lot of work to do to look after his coffee trees.
A grower who does not look after his plantation properly cannot get a good harvest of berries and will not earn much money.
To look after your plantation properly, you must:
· replace seedlings that have not grown,
· keep the soil covered and remove weeds,
· prune the coffee trees correctly,
· apply fertilizers,
· protect the coffee trees from insects and diseases.