|Adventures of Goli (Monitor Publications, 1998, 50 p.)|
Answer the following questions.
1. Of what use was Goli's travels to the villagers?
2. What did the villagers do before Goli set off?
3. Did Goli heed the warnings from the old men? Give a brief explanation.
1. What luggage did Goli carry on his journey?
2. What advice did Chief Londa give Goli?
3. What happened to Goli when he reached the land of the Acholi?
4. What problem did Goli find in the land of the Acholi?
5. Give three similarities between the Acholi and Madi people as observed by Goli.
6. Goli did not speak the language of the Acholi but they were able to understand one another. Explain how.
1. Why did Goli stay for about a month in the land of the Acholi?
2. How did Goli and Opira become friends?
3. What gifts did the Chief give Goli?
4. How did Goli express his gratitude to the people of Acholi?
5. What was the difference between the beer that Goli drank at Opira's home and at the palace of the Omukama of Bunyoro?
6. Name the gift that was given to Goli by the Omukama.
1. What difficulty did Goli and Busingye meet on their way back home?
2. How long did it take Goli and Busingye to reach Laropi?
3. What had Goli achieved by the end of his travels?
4. Do you consider Goli a hero? Give reasons to support your answer?
Find the meaning of these words as used in the story.
· Curiosity killed the cat, and satisfaction brought it back.
· It is good to believe in yourself.