|Outreach No. 96 - Children in Especially Difficult Circumstances - Part 1: Working and Street Children (New York University - TVE - UNEP - WWF, 68 p.)|
The materials in OUTREACH packs may be used for non-commercial, educational purposes in low-income countries. Use the material as you wish:
ADOPT all or part of the materials for inclusion in articles, activities and programmes;
ADAPT materials to make them have local relevance;
ADD materials to existing articles and programmes to complement local interest with more general interest.
Write for more information to contributing organisations or those listed in resource sections.
Whatever way you use the OUTREACH pack, PLEASE CREDIT SOURCE where indicated.
Otherwise please credit OUTREACH.
Who can use OUTREACH packs
The OUTREACH packs are supplied free-of-charge to 'multipliers' in low-income countries. 'Multipliers' are people who can pass on the environment and health messages to a wider audience. They include:
* newspaper journalists who can use the materials:
- as 'fillers' in newspapers and magazines;
- in articles;
- in a series of articles;
- in special editions, especially in children's health and environment newspaper supplements and magazines.
* radio broadcasters/journalists who can use the materials:
- as 'spots' between programmes;
- in reports;
- in a series of programmes on a specific issue;
- in a special programme devoted to a particular topic;
- as background information for interviews with local experts on environment and health issues.
* community workers and representatives from Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) who can use the materials:
- to inform their own networks;
- as background information for programmes;
- for meetings and activities with women; farmers; scouts, girl guides and other youth groups; community groups and leaders;
- in environment and health campaigns;
- in training workshops.
* teachers who can use the materials:
- for background information for their own classes;
- for classroom activities;
- in teacher training workshops;
- on field trips and in laboratories;
- in curriculum development.
What you can do for OUTREACH
We need feedback on the packs. How useful is this material? How can we make it better? Are there special topics you need? Please let us know. Please send us material to which you have added OUTREACH materials. We can pass it on to others to help them in their projects.
We also want to hear about the projects you are working on, and see the materials you produce. We would like to pass on your information and ideas to others in the OUTREACH Network. Please write to: Dr. James Connor, OUTREACH Director, Teaching & Learning Center, 200 East Building, 239 Greene Street, New York University, New York NY 10003, USA or Mr. Richard Lumbe, OUTREACH Co-ordinator, Information & Public Affairs, UNEP, P.O. Box 30552, Nairobi, KENYA