|Accounting for the microbusiness - A teaching manual (Peace Corps, 1975, 105 p.)|
1. Save all receipts, vouchers, orders, etc. together by date with a paper clip.
2. Every transaction must have paper work as evidence.
3. In each transaction debits equal credits.
4. Always write entries from left to right.
5. Sales are entered at the date of delivery.
6. Cash transactions are entered in the Cash Book.
7. Credit transactions are registered in one of the two credit books: Sales or Purchases.
a. In the Amount Section
b. In the Individual Account Section.
c. In the Summary Section.
8. Advances (money received before delivery of merchandise) and payments (money received after merchandise delivery) are registered:
a. In the Cash Book.
b. In one of the credit books: Sales or Purchases.
1) In the Individual Account Section
2) In the Summary Section.
9. After entering the transaction, file the paper work.