|National Policy for the Conservation and Management of Wetland Resources (Ministry of Natural Resources - Uganda, 1995, 23 p.)|
In support of the above aim, government will strive to achieve the following goals.
(1) Establish the principles by which wetland resources can be optimally used, and their productivity can be maintained into the future.
(2) End existing unsustainable exploitative practices in wetlands to avert the decline in their -productivity.
(3) Maintain a biological diversity in wetlands either in the natural community of plants and animals or in the multiplicity of agricultural activity.
(4) Maintain the functions and values derived from wetland resources throughout Uganda.
(5) Promote the recognition and integration of wetland functions in resource management and economic development decision making with regard to sector policies and programs such as forestry, agriculture, fisheries, wildlife and sound environmental management.