|Guidelines on the Use of Insecticide - Treated Mosquito Nets for the Prevention and Control of Malaria in Africa (WHO - OMS, 1997, 88 p.)|
|2. Purpose, structure and the potential users of the Guidelines|
The guidelines are intended for use by the implementers, promoters and supporters (i.e. all partners) of ITMN programmes, and who are expected to be:
· Relevant national malaria control programme personnel;
· National level macro-economic policy and decision-makers concerned with funding malaria control and ITMN activities, development or approval of ITMN related policies and legislation on insecticide registration and importation, tax and import duty exemptions;
· Government sectors within and outside the health system, the private sector, NGOs, and other community organizations involved, or in a position to contribute to ITMN implementation;
· Those responsible for, or in a position to influence health system reform processes and policies; and
· Personnel of relevant international and bilateral agencies, and other potential donors.