|Health Economics for Developing Countries: A Survival Kit (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 1998, 134 p.)|
The Evaluation and Planning Centre (EPC) is a multi-disciplinary group concerned with health policy, planning, management and evaluation issues in developing countries. Through research, overseas assignment and teaching it focuses on:
· national hearth policies and planning
· district health services
· primary health care
· health services management
· refugee health care
The Centre has close working links with similar groups in developing countries.
EPC is an independent research unit within the Department of Public Health and Policy at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
The staff hold academic teaching and research posts recognised by the University of London.
EPC receives support from:
· London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medic
· Overseas Development Administration
· World Health Organization and UN agencies
· Aid agencies, foundations and research council
EPC staff specialize in:
· epidemiology and community health
· development and health economics
· medical and social anthropology
· health policy and sociology