|Technical notes: Special Considerations for Programming in Unstable Situations (UNICEF, 2000, 490 p.)|
|Chapter 17: Managing Water Resources|
· The following are key questions to be used to summarize or analyse assessment of water needs.
· What are the immediate priority water needs?
· What immediate actions are needed to control water-related diseases?
· What are the medium-term programme needs?
· What are the special needs of children and women?
· What key actions are needed to plan and implement the emergency water programme?
· Which agency will have the lead role of coordinating the emergency?
· What role will UNICEF play?
· What role will other agencies, NGOs etc., play?
· What partnerships can be established?
· What are the resources requirements and when are these needed?
· equipment, spare parts and other supplies
· How will the programme be monitored and evaluated?
· What would be the implications if limited or no action is taken?