|Disaster Chronicles Number 3: Earthquake in Mexico, September 19 and 20, 1985 (PAHO-OPS, 1985, 76 p.)|
We are very grateful to the Director and staff of Hospital General de Mexico, especially Dr. Raúl Cicero Sabido, and to Dr. Roberto Castañón of DDF for assisting this continuing research.
Our current research in Mexico City and the preparation of version 1 of this report were made possible by a grant to Michael E. Durkin and Associates from the U.S. National Science Foundation (ECE-8610890): Dr. William A. Anderson, NSF Project Manager. Subsequent data analysis and report revision were supported by the U.S. Geological Survey (Grant Number 14-08-0001G1785): Dr. Elaine R. Padovani, USGS Project Manager. At the time of this research, Murakami was a Visiting Scholar at the University of Southern California and a Research Associate at Durkin Associates.
1. Principal, Michael E. Durkin and Associates Research Associate Professor, School of Architecture, University of Southern California
2. Research Epidemiologist, School of Public Health, University of California at Los Angeles
3. Jefe Del Departmento de Investigación Aplicadas, Dirección General De Servicio Médicos del DD.F.
4. Professor of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California at Los Angeles
5. Research Associate, Department of Architectural Engineering, Hokkaido Hokkaido University, Sopporo, Japan