|Guidelines for safe disposal of unwanted pharmaceuticals in and after emergencies (WCC - ECHO - ICRC - IFRC - FIP - ISWA - MSF - UNHCR - Oxfam - PSF - UNICEF - UNDP - WHO/EDM, 1999, 36 p.)|
1. Berckmans P. et al. Inappropriate drug donation practices in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1992 to 1996, New England Journal of Medicine 1997; 337:1842-1845.
2. WHO/DAP. Guidelines for drug donations (interagency document). Geneva: World Health Organization; 1996. WHO/DAP/96.2.
3. WHO. Prüss A, Giroult E, Rushbrook P, editors. Safe management of wastes from health-care activities. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1999.
4. A. Prüss, W.K. Townsend. Teacher's guide - management of wastes from health-care activities. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1998. WHO/EOS/98.6.
5. WHO. Regional guidelines for health care waste management in developing countries (draft). Kuala Lumpur: World Health Organization, Western Pacific Regional Environmental Centre; 1994.
6. Management Sciences for Health/WHO/DAP. Managing drug supply, 2nd ed. Hartford (CT): Kumarian Press; 1997.
7. Secretariat of the Basel Convention No. 97/012. Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal, 1998 and Decisions Adopted by the First (1992), Second (1994) and Third (1995) Meetings of the Conferences of the Parties (September 1997).
8. Full text of the Basel Convention No 97/012 available from URL: http://www. unep.ch/sbc/baselcon.html
9. Manual on implementation. Basel Convention No 97/012 available from URL: http://www. unep.ch/sbc/manual.html
10. WHO. Landfill. WHO Environmental Health Planning Pamphlet Series No. 9. Copenhagen: World Health Organization, Regional Office for Europe; 1995.
11. Rushbrook PE, Pugh MP. Solid waste landfills in middle and low income countries: a technical guide to planning, design and operation. (Jointly produced by the WHO Regional Office for Europe, World Bank, Swiss Development Corporation (SDC), and Swiss Centre for Development Cooperation in Technology and Management (SKAT)). Washington DC: World Bank; 1999.
12. European Council Directive 94/67/EC, Article 6, paragraph 2 (Dec. 16, 1994).
13. DANCED. The use of hazardous waste as an alternative fuel in cement kilns - a working document. Copenhagen: Danish Cooperation for Environment and Development, Ministry of Environment and Energy; 1997.
14. WHO/FAO. Data sheets on pesticides. Geneva: World Health Organization. Available free of charge from: World Health Organization, Programme for the Promotion of Chemical Safety, 1211, Geneva 27, Switzerland; tel: + 41 22 791 2111; fax: + 41 22 791 0746; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org