|From||Victor T. Jones, Jr.|
|Date||Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:42:59 -0400|
|Subject||[greenstone-users] Some metadata imports, some does not|
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a particular problem I am having. I have built a collection based on a current website that our library has. I have added a browse by subject based on the dc.Subject metadata from the collection.
Some of the pages import just fine and can be browsed by the subject headings I have assigned. I know the subjects are coming from the metadata entered on the webpage because I noticed several errors that could only be found in the metadata. The problem is that other pages are not showing up with the subjects in the subject browse.
For example, I have two items from the Bourdelais School of Music. One item (a 1927 concert recital) appears on the subject listing with the subjects I assigned in the dc.Subject metadata. The second item (a 1914 booklet about the school) does not appear in the subject categories (but it does appear in the title browse section). They both have the exact same Dublin Core metadata subject headings.
I have deleted the collection, re-imported the website, re-built the collection, and it still has some items that show and some that do not. The URL is http://newbern.cpclib.org/gsdl/cgi-bin/library.exe for the Greenstone project and http://newbern.cpclib.org/digital/ for the collection.