Re: GS Images generation errors

From Stefan Boddie
DateTue, 11 Feb 2003 20:34:13 +1300
Subject Re: GS Images generation errors
In-Reply-To (1043937130-1162-125-camel-beowolf-undernet)
Anthony Hornby wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have followed the problems with this on the list and despite my best
> efforts and the various tips still can't get it to work completely.
>
> I moved my installation to the cvs version as of 2 days ago and modified
> buildcol.pl to use titl_icon-1.2.pl instead of the old script and now it
> generates all images except the main image with the collection name.
>
> This image is created but instead of the text of the collection name I
> get a hash value as the text (currently it reads "HASH0x8107678" instead
> of "Gimptest" the name of the collection.
> I know I can create images manually with translate.pl, but I am
> interested as to why the -create_images option is failing.
>

I just fixed this in CVS. Do a "cvs update" on
gsdl/bin/script/buildcol.pl to get the patched version. It was a case of
the -create_images option having been broken by the addition of a more
recent (though still quote old) feature. Just goes to show, you must be
the only one in the world using this option :-)

> Any one have any ideas?
>
> I am running Redhat 7.3 and have all the perl stuff installed.
>
> Below are some of the errors I get while the collection is building.
>
> All insights appreciated.
>
>
> *** creating auxiliary files
> [ahornby@bustard gsdl]$ ./bin/script/buildcol.pl "gimptest"
> -create_images
> Subroutine gimp_selection_none redefined at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-
> linux/Gimp.pm line 541.
> Subroutine gimp_palette_set_foreground redefined at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6
> .1/i386-linux/Gimp.pm line 541.
> title_icon-1.2.pl: gimp_file_save: procedural database execution failed
> at /var/
> www/gsdl/bin/script/gimp/title_icon-1.2.pl line 326 (DIE)
> Subroutine gimp_selection_none redefined at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Gimp.pm line 541.
> Subroutine gimp_palette_set_foreground redefined at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Gimp.pm line 541.
> title_icon-1.2.pl: gimp_file_save: procedural database execution failed
> at /var/www/gsdl/bin/script/gimp/title_icon-1.2.pl line 326 (DIE)
>

All these "Subroutine redefined" warnings are (relatively) normal. It's
always done this since the fairly rushed upgrade to make the scripts
work with gimp 1.2. Someone should probably fix it sometime to suppress
the warnings I guess but they're harmless enough. The "DIE" errors
you're getting don't look so good though. Let me know if the above
mentioned fix doesn't solve your problem.

Stefan.