[greenstone-users] Re: greenstone-users Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6 (Away from Office)

From Devon Cinnamon
DateMon, 09 Jan 2006 16:14:26 -0500
Subject [greenstone-users] Re: greenstone-users Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6 (Away from Office)
I will be away from the office for the remainder of the day (January 9,
2006). I will respond to your emails on Tuesday, January 10, 2006.. If
your matter is urgent please contact Joe Belle at joe.belle@nelligan.ca
or james.bertrand@nelligan.ca.


Thank you
Devon Cinnamon


>>> greenstone-users 01/09/06 16:14 >>>

Send greenstone-users mailing list submissions to
greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
greenstone-users-request@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz

You can reach the person managing the list at
greenstone-users-owner@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of greenstone-users digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Re: Image display problem (Richard Managh)
2. GREENSTONE HELP (John Bilay)
3. Re: Image display problem (Lenneth Valkyrie)
4. Re: Image display problem (Richard Managh)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:48:28 +1300
From: Richard Managh <richard@dlconsulting.co.nz>
Subject: Re: [greenstone-users] Image display problem
To: Lenneth Valkyrie <linalockhart@yahoo.com.sg>
Cc: greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
Message-ID: <43C188AC.9030400@dlconsulting.co.nz>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Hi Jasmine,

I would suggest that instead of the following in the top of your
DocumentText format statement:

format DocumentText "<center><table width=pagewidth><img
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>

You substitute [Source] for [sc.AccessionNumber]

Which would give you:

format DocumentText "<center><table width=pagewidth><img
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Source]'>

This is because in your doc.xml file [sc.AccessionNumber] in the example

you sent, would evaluate to "49" when what you probably want is "49.jpg"

So, for your image, instead of: **

<img
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>

Which gives: <img
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/*HASH0b7e.dir*/*49*'>


You would have: <img
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Source]'>

Which gives: <img
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/*HASH0b7e.dir*/*49.jpg*'>


Hope this helps,


Richard.
--

DL Consulting
Greenstone Digital Library and Digitisation Specialists
contact@dlconsulting.co.nz
www.dlconsulting.co.nz

Jasmine wrote:

> Hi,
> I had been figuring out how to solve the image display problem for
> days and still couldn't find where the fault lies. My image still
> could not appear. I looked into my doc.xml file and this is how it
> looks like
>
> * * <Metadata name="*gsdlsourcefilename*">*importGeneral Affairs
> CommitteeBefore 1982Celebrations, Ceremonies &
> Festivals49.jpg*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*gsdldoctype*">*indexed_doc*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*Plugin*">*ImagePlug*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*Image*">*49.jpg*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*Source*">*49.jpg*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*FileFormat*">*JPEG*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*FileSize*">*unknown*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*ImageType*">*JPEG*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*ImageWidth*">*1052*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*ImageHeight*">*1672*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*ImageSize*">*unknown*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*srclink*">*<a
>
href="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]">*</Metadata>

>
> * * <Metadata name="*/srclink*">*</a>*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*srcicon*">*<img
>
src="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]"
> width=100>*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*ThumbType*">*gif*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*Thumb*">*thumbnail.gif*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*thumbicon*">*<img
> src="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Thumb]"
> width=[ThumbWidth] height=[ThumbHeight]>*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*ThumbWidth*">*63*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*ThumbHeight*">*100*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*sc.Keywords*">*General Affairs
Committee*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*sc.Date*">*19640920*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*sc.Creator*">*Temasek Polytechnic, Information
> Management student*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*sc.AccessionNumber*">*49*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*sc.Organiser*">*SCCCI (General Affairs
> Committee)*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*sc.Categories*">*General Affairs Committee-Before

> 1982-Celebrations, Ceremonies & Festivals*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*sc.Notes*">*NA*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*Title*">*49*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata
name="*Identifier*">*HASH0b7e3412832ce54061a81e*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*assocfilepath*">*HASH0b7e.dir*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata name="*gsdlassocfile*">*49.jpg:image/JPEG:*</Metadata>
> * * <Metadata
> name="*gsdlassocfile*">*thumbnail.gif:image/gif:*</Metadata>
> * * </Description>
> * * <Content>*This document has no text.*</Content>
>
>
> and this is what my collect.cfg file look like for the format
feature:
>
> format DateList "<td>[link][icon][/link]</td>
>
<td>[highlight]{Or}{[dls.Title],[dc.Title],[ex.Title],Untitled}[/highlight]</td>
> <td>[ex.Date]</td>"
>
> format HList "[link][highlight][ex.Title][/highlight][/link]"
> format DocumentButtons ""
>
> format VList "<td valign=top>[link][thumbicon][/link]</td>
> <td valign=top><b> Event Title: </b>[sc.Title]<br> <b> Date of Event:
> </b>[sc.Date]<br><b> Description: </b>[sc.Description]</td>
> "
> format DocumentHeading ""
>
> format DocumentText "<center><table width=pagewidth><img
>
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>
> <tr><td><br><b>Event Title: </b>[sc.Title]
> <br><b>Date of Event: </b>[sc.Date]<br><b>Description:
> </b>[sc.Description]
> <br><b>Event Organiser: </b>[sc.Organiser]
> <br><b>Notes: </b>[sc.Notes]</td></tr></table></center>"
>
>
> Thank you, i will be looking forward to the reply.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jasmine
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> New and Improved Yahoo! Mail
>
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/yma/tgl/def/*http://sg.whatsnew.mail.yahoo.com>
> - 1GB free storage!
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>greenstone-users mailing list
>greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
>
>


------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:56:28 +0200
From: "John Bilay" <johnbilay@cama.org.za>
Subject: [greenstone-users] GREENSTONE HELP
To: <greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz>
Message-ID: <NKENIOIOBAEKBAHKLAFHIEFLCHAA.johnbilay@cama.org.za>
Content-Type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1"


Hello


I am currently using greenstone 2.6.I am busy building a collection
which is
composed of musical instruments.Each musical instrument has got
audio(.mp3),
video (.mov) and images.I am trying to use the Associate_ext facility
that
greenstone provides to group each musical instrument with its picture,
sound
and video.
Can anyone tell me with which tag i can those associated files in the
"format features".
what tag e.g: [sibling...] do i need to use.

Thank you very much

John


------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:14:46 +0800 (CST)
From: Lenneth Valkyrie <linalockhart@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject: Re: [greenstone-users] Image display problem
To: greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
Message-ID: <20060109121446.89224.qmail@web32203.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much, i finally understand what is the problem now and my
image appeared ^_^. I have a another question, is it possible to resize
the image using greenstone instead of having to use other image editing
software to resize the image?

Regards,
Jasmine

Richard Managh <richard@dlconsulting.co.nz> wrote:
Hi Jasmine,

I would suggest that instead of the following in the top of your
DocumentText format statement:

format DocumentText "
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>

You substitute [Source] for [sc.AccessionNumber]

Which would give you:

format DocumentText "
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Source]'>

This is because in your doc.xml file [sc.AccessionNumber] in the example

you sent, would evaluate to "49" when what you probably want is "49.jpg"

So, for your image, instead of: **

src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>

Which gives:
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/*HASH0b7e.dir*/*49*'>


You would have:
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Source]'>

Which gives:
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/*HASH0b7e.dir*/*49.jpg*'>


Hope this helps,


Richard.
--

DL Consulting
Greenstone Digital Library and Digitisation Specialists
contact@dlconsulting.co.nz
www.dlconsulting.co.nz

Jasmine wrote:

> Hi,
> I had been figuring out how to solve the image display problem for
> days and still couldn't find where the fault lies. My image still
> could not appear. I looked into my doc.xml file and this is how it
> looks like
>
> * * *importGeneral Affairs
> CommitteeBefore 1982Celebrations, Ceremonies &
> Festivals49.jpg*
> * * *indexed_doc*
> * * *ImagePlug*
> * * *49.jpg*
> * * *49.jpg*
> * * *JPEG*
> * * *unknown*
> * * *JPEG*
> * * *1052*
> * * *1672*
> * * *unknown*
> * * *>
href="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]">*

>
> * * **
> * * *>
src="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]"
> width=100>*
> * * *gif*
> * * *thumbnail.gif*
> * * *> src="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Thumb]"
> width=[ThumbWidth] height=[ThumbHeight]>*
> * * *63*
> * * *100*
> * * *General Affairs Committee*
> * * *19640920*
> * * *Temasek Polytechnic, Information
> Management student*
> * * *49*
> * * *SCCCI (General Affairs
> Committee)*
> * * *General Affairs Committee-Before
> 1982-Celebrations, Ceremonies & Festivals*
> * * *NA*
> * * *49*
> * * *HASH0b7e3412832ce54061a81e*
> * * *HASH0b7e.dir*
> * * *49.jpg:image/JPEG:*
> * * > name="*gsdlassocfile*">*thumbnail.gif:image/gif:*
> * *
> * * *This document has no text.*
>
>
> and this is what my collect.cfg file look like for the format feature:
>
> format DateList " [link][icon][/link]
>
[highlight]{Or}{[dls.Title],[dc.Title],[ex.Title],Untitled}[/highlight]
> [ex.Date]"
>
> format HList "[link][highlight][ex.Title][/highlight][/link]"
> format DocumentButtons ""
>
> format VList " [link][thumbicon][/link]
> Event Title: [sc.Title]
Date of Event:
> [sc.Date]
Description: [sc.Description]
> "
> format DocumentHeading ""
>
> format DocumentText " >
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>
>
Event Title: [sc.Title]
>
Date of Event: [sc.Date]
Description:
> [sc.Description]
>
Event Organiser: [sc.Organiser]
>
Notes: [sc.Notes]"
>
>
> Thank you, i will be looking forward to the reply.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jasmine
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> New and Improved Yahoo! Mail
>
> - 1GB free storage!
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>greenstone-users mailing list
>greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
>
>


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 1GB free storage!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/private/greenstone-users/attachments/20060109/47e7ecb3/attachment-0001.html

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:47:27 +1300
From: Richard Managh <richard@dlconsulting.co.nz>
Subject: Re: [greenstone-users] Image display problem
To: Lenneth Valkyrie <linalockhart@yahoo.com.sg>
Cc: greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
Message-ID: <43C2CBDF.2040308@dlconsulting.co.nz>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Hi Jasmine,

Yes, you can use the "screenviewsize" option of ImagePlug to set the
width of your imported images. The height of the images will be
automatically determined in proportion to the width.

You configure this option in the GLI from the Design tab, under
"Document Plugins", choosing ImagePlug and clicking the configure
button, or you can edit your collection configuration file, and change
the line which would be something like

plugin ImagePlug

to

plugin ImagePlug -screenviewsize 400

for 400 pixel width images.

Then rebuild the collection.

Hope this helps,


Richard.
--

DL Consulting
Greenstone Digital Library and Digitisation Specialists
contact@dlconsulting.co.nz
www.dlconsulting.co.nz


Lenneth Valkyrie wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Thank you so much, i finally understand what is the problem now and my

> image appeared ^_^. I have a another question, is it possible to
> resize the image using greenstone instead of having to use other image

> editing software to resize the image?
>
> Regards,
> Jasmine
>
> */Richard Managh <richard@dlconsulting.co.nz>/* wrote:
>
> Hi Jasmine,
>
> I would suggest that instead of the following in the top of your
> DocumentText format statement:
>
> format DocumentText "
>
>
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>
>
> You substitute [Source] for [sc.AccessionNumber]
>
> Which would give you:
>
> format DocumentText "
>
>
> src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Source]'>
>
> This is because in your doc.xml file [sc.AccessionNumber] in the
> example
> you sent, would evaluate to "49" when what you probably want is
> "49.jpg"
>
> So, for your image, instead of: **
>
>
>
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>
>
> Which gives:
> src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/*HASH0b7e.dir*/*49*'>
>
>
> You would have:
> src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Source]'>
>
> Which gives:
> src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/*HASH0b7e.dir*/*49.jpg*'>
>
>
> Hope this helps,
>
>
> Richard.
> --
> DL Consulting
> Greenstone Digital Library and Digitisation Specialists
> contact@dlconsulting.co.nz
> www.dlconsulting.co.nz
>
>
>
> Jasmine wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I had been figuring out how to solve the image display problem
for
> > days and still couldn't find where the fault lies. My image
still
> > could not appear. I looked into my doc.xml file and this is how
it
> > looks like
> >
> > * * *importGeneral Affairs
> > CommitteeBefore 1982Celebrations, Ceremonies &
> > Festivals49.jpg*
> > * * *indexed_doc*
> > * * *ImagePlug*
> > * * *49.jpg*
> > * * *49.jpg*
> > * * *JPEG*
> > * * *unknown*
> > * * *JPEG*
> > * * *1052*
> > * * *1672*
> > * * *unknown*
> > * * *
> >
>
href="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]">*
>
> >
> > * * **
> > * * *
> >
>
src="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]"
>
> > width=100>*
> > * * *gif*
> > * * *thumbnail.gif*
> > * * *
> > src="/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[Thumb]"
> > width=[ThumbWidth] height=[ThumbHeight]>*
> > * * *63*
> > * * *100*
> > * * *General Affairs Committee*
> > * * *19640920*
> > * * *Temasek Polytechnic, Information
> > Management student*
> > * * *49*
> > * * *SCCCI (General Affairs
> > Committee)*
> > * * *General Affairs Committee-Before
> > 1982-Celebrations, Ceremonies & Festivals*
> > * * *NA*
> > * * *49*
> > * * *HASH0b7e3412832ce54061a81e*
> > * * *HASH0b7e.dir*
> > * * *49.jpg:image/JPEG:*
> > * *
> > name="*gsdlassocfile*">*thumbnail.gif:image/gif:*
> > * *
> > * * *This document has no text.*
> >
> >
> > and this is what my collect.cfg file look like for the format
> feature:
> >
> > format DateList " [link][icon][/link]
> >
>
[highlight]{Or}{[dls.Title],[dc.Title],[ex.Title],Untitled}[/highlight]
>
> > [ex.Date] "
> >
> > format HList "[link][highlight][ex.Title][/highlight][/link]"
> > format DocumentButtons ""
> >
> > format VList " [link][thumbicon][/link]
> > *Event Title: *[sc.Title]
> *Date of Event:
> > *[sc.Date]
> *Description: *[sc.Description]
> > "
> > format DocumentHeading ""
> >
> > format DocumentText "
>
>
> >
>
src='/gsdl/collect/SCCCI/index/assoc/[assocfilepath]/[sc.AccessionNumber]'>
> >
> *Event Title: *[sc.Title]
> >
> *Date of Event: *[sc.Date]
> *Description:
> > *[sc.Description]
> >
> *Event Organiser: *[sc.Organiser]
> >
> *Notes: *[sc.Notes]
>
> "
> >
> >
> > Thank you, i will be looking forward to the reply.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Jasmine
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Do you Yahoo!?
> > New and Improved Yahoo! Mail
> >
> > - 1GB free storage!
> >
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >greenstone-users mailing list
> >greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
> >https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
> >
> >
>
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> New and Improved Yahoo! Mail
>
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/yma/tgl/def/*http://sg.whatsnew.mail.yahoo.com>
> - 1GB free storage!
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>greenstone-users mailing list
>greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
>


------------------------------

_______________________________________________
greenstone-users mailing list
greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users


End of greenstone-users Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6
***********************************************

Confidentiality Note

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately. Thank you.