Michael fixed in v. 2.71 a problem in which file
names containing the "&" character were not
recognized when exploding with the file name in
document_field. Could you check to see if the
files which are still not recognized might not
have a special character in their name or some
other common characteristic. Best regards, John Rose
>Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 07:20:08 -0400
>From: "Lucia Phillip" <email@example.com>
>To: "Michael Dewsnip" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Subject: Fwd: Exploding CDS/ISIS databases with version 2.71
>Cc: "John Rose" <email@example.com>
>I sent the message below to the mailing list but
>it did not appear. Did I send it to the wrong list?
>Any help possible.
>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>From: Lucia Phillip <<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com>
>Date: Oct 13, 2006 11:31 AM
>Subject: Exploding CDS/ISIS databases with version 2.71
>I downloaded the new version 2.71 and I am happy
>to report that I was able to explode an
>entire CDS/ISIS database of over 11,200 records
>each of which linked to an electronic file.
>I noticed a bug which prevented the images from
>being found and added to the collection and this
>has since been fixed with a new explode_metadata file which I downloaded.
>The majority of linked images which reside on
>internal servers are now appearing in the
>collection. However, a small number of images
>which are on the webserver and should be
>accessed using the URL are still appearing as dummy files.
>I am hoping that this bug can soon be resolved as well.
>I would like to thank the developers for their
>quick response to all the problems we have
>experienced because it has given us confidence
>to continue using Greenstone for our digital collections.
>Trinidad and Tobago
John B. Rose
1 Bis, Rue des Châtre-Sacs