|Better Farming Series 27 - FreshWater Fish Farming: How to Begin (FAO, 1979, 43 p.)|
46. Using a small ditch is the easiest way to get water to the inlet and into the pond.
47. If the water comes from a stream, be careful to keep out bad fish. You can do this by using a screen on the inlet.
48. To stop fish from getting out of the pond, put another screen on the outlet.
Stop fish from getting out
49. As a screen you can use:
· a fish trap
· split and woven bamboo
· a clay pot with holes in the bottom
· a piece of metal roofing with holes
· a tin can with holes in the end.
50. To stop other people from taking fish from your pond, you can put some bamboo branches on the pond bottom. This will stop them from fishing or taking fish with a net.
Put bamboo branches on the pond bottom
51. Now you are ready to fill your pond with water.
Fill the pond with water