|Better Farming Series 36 - Raising Rabbits 1: Learning about Rabbits; Building the Pens; Choosing Rabbits (FAO, 1988, 56 p.)|
|Learning about rabbits|
49. You can raise many rabbits if you have enough for them to eat, the materials to build enough pens and the time to take care of them.
50. However, until you know more about how rabbits live and grow and what you must do to take care of them well, it is best to start with only a few.
51. A good number to start with is two full- grown female rabbits and one full- grown male rabbit.
Start with two female and one male rabbit
52. With two females, you will get as many as 40 to 50 baby rabbits each year.
53. Later, if you find that you could eat or sell more rabbits if you had them, you can begin to raise more.