Where can you raise ducks?
9. Ducks live very well outside by themselves.
10. They are water birds and live best on or near water, such as
a lake, pond or stream where they can spend part of each day swimming.
On or near water
11. However, if you live in a place where there is no water you
can still raise ducks. You can raise them on land.
Ducks must always have fresh
12. Here are some places where you can raise ducks.
13. You can raise ducks in low wet land such as swamps or in low
areas around ponds or streams.
Swamp or low areas
14. You can raise ducks on sloping land or in places that have
soil too poor to be used for planting.
Land with poor soil
15. You can raise ducks near the sea where there is salt water.
However, if you do this you will need to give them fresh water to drink.
Near the sea
16. If you do not have too many ducks you can raise them around
Around your house
17. You can also raise ducks your farm fields if you are growing
crops that the ducks cannot hurt, (see items 31 to