Goal and Objectives
Participants successfully completing the course will be able to
lead and influence others in the demanding setting of emergency management by
increasing their range of skills in a variety of interpersonal areas: conflict
management, use of power, and group dynamics, as well as leadership and
Terminal training objectives for the course are listed below.
Enabling objectives for individual units of instruction are presented in the
description of each unit.
TERMINAL TRAINING OBJECTIVES
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize individual differences in personal
values and styles and form generalizations about their impact on leadership
behavior in emergency management situations.
2. Assess their own styles of influencing others in the local
emergency management setting.
3. Assess their own styles of exercising leadership and power as
these styles relate to their roles in emergency management.
4. Develop solutions for organizational problems in terms of
work motivation and group dynamics.
5. Integrate knowledge about the different styles of leadership
and influence and understand their impact on behavior in an emergency management
6. Develop a plan for influencing others in their local