Lack of appetite
Lack of appetite
- Feed is left uneaten.
- Animals are inactive.
- Fever from infection.
incidence of parasites, such as intestinal worms or lice.
- Mouth wounds.
If none of these is the problem, something is wrong with the
feed. Change the feed type.
- Avoid abrupt changes in feed mixtures and rations.
regularly (see Internal parasites, page 17).
- Maintain hygiene and
- Provide good housing (see Housing, page 48).
regularly against common diseases in the area.
- Pour 1/2 cup of cane molasses on 1 kg of the animal's regular
feed ration. Divide this into 3 parts. Feed 23 times a day for 2-3 days.
Instead of molasses, you can add 1 teaspoon of salt, 2
tablespoons of brown sugar or 2 tablespoons of fish sauce on 1 kg of the regular
feed ration. Divide this into 3 parts. Feed 2-3 times a day for 2-3
days.(Cambodia, Philippines, Thailand. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Mix 3 fresh (raw) eggs with 1/2 cup of molasses.
Drench the mixture 2-3 times a day for 2 days. (Indonesia, Thailand. 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Give a small bundle of fresh sweet-potato tops as feed, 23
times a day for 2 days.(Cambodia, Philippines. 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt with 1 teaspoon of dried seeds of
Trachyspermum ami and pound. Force-feed 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture 2-3 times a
day for 23 days.(India, Philippines. 1, 2, 3)
- 2 g 1/2 teaspoon) of powder from each of the following dried
plants: Swertia chirata (whole plant); Alstonia scholaris (bark, leaf and stem);
and ginger (rhizome).
- 0.75 g (1/4 teaspoon) of powder from each OF THE following
dried plants: Picrorhiza kurrooa (roots); Veronica anthelmentica (leaf, seed or
whole plant); Trachyspermum ami (seeds); Peucadenum graveolens (seeds);
Trigonella foenum-graecum (seeds); and Brassica nigra (seeds).
A pinch of salt. A pinch of baking
Mix all ingredients. Force-feed 3-5 g (I teaspoon) of the
mixture twice a day. Treat the animal for 5-6 days or until it regains its
appetite. The effectiveness of the mixture will not be affected if 2-3 of the
plants mentioned are not available. (India. 1, 2,