|Better Farming Series 36 - Raising Rabbits 1: Learning about Rabbits; Building the Pens; Choosing Rabbits (FAO, 1988, 56 p.)|
|What do you need to raise rabbits?|
|Learning about rabbits|
|What kinds of rabbits can you raise?|
|What can rabbits eat?|
|How many rabbits should you raise?|
|Now you must decide|
|How to begin|
|Where can you put your rabbit pens?|
|What materials can you use to build rabbit pens?|
|Building the rabbit pens|
|Some simple rabbit pens|
|How to build better rabbit pens|
|Choosing good rabbits|
|How to handle your rabbits|
|Bringing your rabbits home|
|Preparing the pens and putting in the rabbits|
49. You can raise many rabbits if you have enough for them to eat, the materials to build enough pens and the time to take care of them.
50. However, until you know more about how rabbits live and grow and what you must do to take care of them well, it is best to start with only a few.
51. A good number to start with is two full- grown female rabbits and one full- grown male rabbit.
Start with two female and one male rabbit
52. With two females, you will get as many as 40 to 50 baby rabbits each year.
53. Later, if you find that you could eat or sell more rabbits if you had them, you can begin to raise more.