|Better Farming Series 38 - Better Freshwater Fish Farming: Raising Fish in Pens and Cages (FAO, 1990, 83 p.)|
179. After you have harvested, clean and repair your cage as quickly as you can so that you can begin again.
180. If your cage is small and you took it out of the water when you harvested the fish, clean and repair it before you put it back into the water.
clean and repair a small cage out of the water
181. If your cage is too big to take out of the water, you will have to clean it and repair it in the water.
clean and repair a big cage in the water
The faster you can do this, the sooner you will be able to raise another crop of fish.
182. You can hold the baby fish you catch in a small pen or in another cage for small fish (see Item 114 and Item 184) until you have finished the cleaning and repairing.
Hold baby fish in a small pen
183. When you are ready to begin again, put in 150 to 200 baby fish 8 to 10 centimetres long for each cubic metre of cage. However, be sure to choose your biggest and best baby fish to put back in your cage.