|Teaching Conservation in Developing Nations (Peace Corps)|
|Appendix G: Endangered species|
A school program to study a local endangered animal could be a very effective way to begin to develop community awareness.
Suggestions for study:
1. Choose an endangered animal.
2. Make poster pictures of it to display in the community.
3. Study the food chain of the animal,
4. Identify changes in the local environment which affected the animal's habitat.
5. List as many reasons as you can for the animal's disappearance.
6. Make up guessing games about the endangered animal.
7. Build a battery-powered guessing game to match relationships in the endangered animal's habitat, for example.
8. Invite a wildlife technician to the school or the community center to talk about endangered species.
9. Find and follow a suggestion on the "Action Treatment" list which is appropriate for you.