|Better Farming Series 28 - Water: Where Water Comes from (FAO, 1981, 31 p.)|
|Why we study water|
26. The water we use comes from rain which falls from the clouds.
27. Some of the water stays on the surface. Some of the water goes into the ground and some of the water that goes into the ground may go very deep.
28. Some of the water evaporates from the surface of the soil or from swamps, lakes and streams and some of it is transpired by plants. It becomes water vapour.
29. The water vapour rises into the air to form new clouds.
30. The clouds give up the water vapour as rain and the process begins again.