|Case Studies of Neem Processing Projects Assisted by GTZ in Kenya, Dominican Republic, Thailand and Nicaragua (GTZ, 2000, 152 p.)|
|2. Survey of neem-processing methods|
This technology is used to produce high quality oils. In a further extraction step it can be used to gain azadirachtin. In a pilot plant a powder containing 15% azadirachtin has been gained from the cake.
Investment costs: approx. US$ 3.5 - 5 million for a complete plant with an annual capacity of more than 2000 t of neem kernels.
· efficient exploitation of azadirachtin
· stable powder product
· neem oil, free of bitter principles
· technology can be used for other oils (e.g. castor oil, etc.)
· very high investment costs
· only profitable on a large scale
· complicated technology
· no experience concerning scaling with neem
· additional solvents are required.